The HRTPO has produced two types of census products for Hampton Roads:, 1) historical census data, and 2) current commuting patterns.
In 2013, staff published the Historical Analysis of Census Transportation Data Report, containing transportation-related data from the U.S. Census Bureau for Hampton Roads, 1970 through 2010. The data is presented individually by locality and collectively for both the HRTPO region and our 2010 Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA) which is compared to other MSAs of similar size.
The Census Burea release commuting pattern data periodically. As of 2022, the latest available data covers 2011-2015. Our latest commuting products can be found below:
For more Census date beyond commuting, please check out the HRPDC's Census Data web page, https://www.hrpdcva.gov/page/census-data/ .
For results from the 2020 Census, see https://www.census.gov/programs-surveys/decennial-census/decade/2020/2020-census-main.html
- Meetings and Agendas
- + Member Jurisdictions
- + Long-Range Transportation Planning
- Title VI/Environmental Justice Methodology Tool
- Transportation Improvement Program
- + Transportation Planning
- + Operations & ITS
- + Funding
- + Reports & Data
- Unified Planning Work Program
- Regional Transit Advisory Panel (RTAP)
- Public Notices
- + Public Information
- Commonwealth Transportation Board
- Other Links
- Procurement & DBE Program