The Hampton Roads region is served by five transit providers:
Hampton Roads Transit (HRT) provides bus, light rail, ferry, ridesharing, and paratransit service in Chesapeake, Hampton, Newport News, Norfolk, Portsmouth and Virginia Beach.
The Williamsburg Area Transit Authority (WATA) provides bus and paratransit service in Williamsburg, James City County, and York County.
Bay Transit provides almost entirely demand-responsive, curb-to-curb service to rural residents throughout the Middle Peninsula and Northern Neck. Fixed routes are also in operation.
Senior Services of Southeastern Virginia operates I-Ride Transit, which provides fixed-route, on-demand, and paratransit services in various Hampton Roads jurisdictions.
- Meetings and Agendas
- + Member Locations
- + Long-Range Transportation Planning
- Title VI/Environmental Justice Methodology Tool
- Transportation Improvement Program
- + Transportation
- + Operations & ITS
- + Funding
- SMART SCALE
- + Reports & Data
- Unified Planning Work Program
- Regional Transit Advisory Panel (RTAP)
- Public Notices
- + Public Information
- Commonwealth Transportation Board
- Other Links
- Procurement & DBE Program