Pursuant to the declared state of emergency in the Commonwealth of Virginia in response to the COVID-19 pandemic and to protect the public health and safety of the Board members, staff, and the general public, HRTPO public meetings are now held electronically.
Members of the public are invited to view HRTPO public meetings, and are invited to submit public comments in advance of the meeting by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (757) 366-4370. Each comment is limited to three minutes. All comments received by noon days in advance of the meeting will be provided to the HRTPO committee or board meeting and included in the official record.
The Hampton Roads Transportation Planning Organization (HRTPO) fully complies with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Civil Rights Restoration Act of 1987, Executive Order 12898 on Environmental Justice, and related nondiscrimination statutes and regulations in all programs and activities. Physical HRTPO public meetings are always held in ADA-accessible facilities and in transit-accessible locations when possible. In the occurrence of public meetings, auxiliary services can be provided to individuals who submit a request at least seven days prior to a meeting. Requests made within seven days will be accommodated to the greatest extent possible.
When advanced notification is received, HRTPO is able to most special needs requests including:
- Closed-Captioning: Displays what’s being said in real-time.
- Provision of meeting transcripts (immediately following a meeting) and minutes (within 10 days of the meeting’s occurrence).
HRTPO virtual meeting platforms support the following:
- Screen Reader Support: HRTPO virtual meeting platforms work with screen reader technology.
- Magnifiers: HRTPO virtual meeting platforms allow users to magnify on-screen text as needed.
- Accessibility Settings: HRTPO virtual meeting platforms allow users customize the font size of chat and closed captioning in the platform’s accessibility settings.
- Keyboard Accessibility: HRTPO virtual meeting platforms allow users to utilize keyboard shortcuts
- Screen Reader Support: Use Zoom/Webex without a screen.
- Automatic Transcripts: Transcripts are automatically generated and synchronized to make it easy to search and review meetings recorded in the cloud.
- Third Party Captioning
Any person who believes they have been aggrieved by an unlawful discriminatory practice by HRTPO under Title VI has a right to file a formal complaint. Any such complaint may be in writing and filed with HRTPO's Title VI Administrator and/or the appropriate state or federal agency within 180 days of the alleged discriminatory occurrence. For more information on HRTPO's Title VI program, or to obtain a Title VI Complaint Form, please call (757) 420-8300 or email email@example.com.
- Meetings and Agendas
- + Member Locations
- + Long Range Transportation Planning
- Title VI/Environmental Justice Methodology Tool
- Transportation Improvement Program
- + Transportation
- + Operations & ITS
- + Funding
- SMART SCALE
- + Reports & Data
- Unified Planning Work Program
- Regional Transit Advisory Panel (RTAP)
- Public Notices
- + Public Information
- Commonwealth Transportation Board
- Other Links
- Procurement & DBE Program