The Hampton Roads Transportation Operations subcommittee (HRTO) is a subcommittee of TTAC dedicated to improving transportation operations in the region. The HRTO is comprised of transportation professionals from Hampton Roads jurisdictions, Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT), local transit agencies, Virginia Port Authority (VPA), and other invited participants, such as local police and fire/EMS personnel. The HRTO:
- Serves as an advisory subcommittee to TTAC on operational issues
- Serves as a forum for discussion of methods members can use to improve traffic operations in their localities and agencies.
- Assists in the development of the regional ITS Strategic Plan and the regional ITS architecture.
In cooperation with the HRTO chair and subcommittee members, HRTPO staff sets HRTO meeting dates, meeting places, and agenda items; prepares agenda documents and meeting minutes; maintains membership roster; and makes HRTO meeting information and documents available to committee members and the public.
Recent actions by the HRTO subcommittee include creating regional standards for Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) technologies, sharing accomplishments and lessons learned from individual city Transportation Operations Centers (TOC), learning about new operational software, and endorsing changes to VDOT’s hurricane evacuation traffic control plan.
For a list of the HRTO Subcommittee members click here.
HRTO Meeting in Hampton, June 9, 2015
- Meetings and Agendas
- + Member Locations
- + Long-Range Transportation Planning
- Title VI/Environmental Justice Methodology Tool
- Transportation Improvement Program
- + Transportation
- + Operations & ITS
- + Funding
- SMART SCALE
- + Reports & Data
- Unified Planning Work Program
- Regional Transit Advisory Panel (RTAP)
- Public Notices
- + Public Information
- Commonwealth Transportation Board
- Other Links
- Procurement & DBE Program