About the Six-Year Improvement Program:
The SYIP is updated annually and is the means by which the CTB meets its statutory obligation to allocate funds to interstate, primary and urban highway systems, rail, public transportation, airports, ports, and other programs for the immediate fiscal year. The SYIP also identifies planned program funding for the subsequent five fiscal years.
The development of the FY 2013-2018 SYIP has focused on the following CTB priorities:
- Fund deficits on underway project phases
- Maximize use of federal funds to meet federal strategy
- Fund underway project phases as well as project phases that start in the current Federal Fiscal Year 2012
- Fund deficient bridges and paving projects
- Increase funding for preliminary engineering
- Support development of PPTAs
- Support the Governor’s Initiative to move the Commonwealth’s fleet to alternative domestic fuels $4.0 million in CMAQ Terms
- Allocate funds consistent with how they will be obligated and expended
- Redirect inactive balances on projects
For more information about the Six-Year Improvement Program, please visit VDOT's website.