Active Transportation (AT) is all forms of human-powered transportation. The most common forms are walking and biking. AT provides people with an alternative transportation choice while also contributing to a healthy active lifestyle.
Derived transportation, centers on the movement of people and goods from point A to point B based on the desire of people to participate in an activity or use goods at point B.
Recreational transportation, occurs solely for pleasure and/or recreation.
The HRTPO focuses mainly on the derived form of AT.
Connect with us on Social Media
HRTPO Active Trans is on Facebook and Twitter! Connect with us today!
- Meetings and Agendas
- + Member Locations
- + Long Range Transportation Planning
- Title VI/Environmental Justice Methodology Tool
- Transportation Improvement Program
- + Transportation
- + Operations & ITS
- + Funding
- SMART SCALE (HB2) Legislation
- + Reports & Data
- Unified Planning Work Program
- Public Notices
- + Public Information
- Commonwealth Transportation Board
- Other Links
- Procurement & DBE Program